FAB FOOD STORAGE
We read this on Sarah Wilson’s site, and thought them well worth a mention, because NO body, likes their fruit and veg going to waste. We’ve also added a few of ours in too.
1. Store your things upright… Veggies grow in the ground standing up right? So really, based on traditional oral knowledge, they’d be happier waiting to be eaten while standing up?
2. Plant your shallots… It might sound a little batty, but when you buy bunches of shallots, store them in the soil outside, nestled in with the herbs. They’ll keep for months, and you can pull them out one stem at a time. Clever.
4. Ripen your fruit quickly.. If you need your plums, pears and other fruits to sweeten up, put an apple in there. Handy.
5. Pair your bananas and avocados. It’s a fun fact… avocados ripen bananas when placed in a paper bag together.
6. You can hull strawberries easily using a straw
7. Rub a walnut over scratches in your furniture… It will disguise dings and scrapes. Here’s how.
8. Wrap your apple. Stop pre cut apples browning in your kid’s lunch box by securing with a rubber band.
9. When making guacamole, leave the avocado seed in the bowl, until ready to serve, sans browning. Genius!